-A A +A

Managing Money

Managing money

Are you having trouble managing your money? Worried about paying your bills or rent? Managing your money can be a real worry, but advice is available

Barking and Dagenham Citizens Advice Bureau service is a registered charity that provides support and advice on a whole range of issues. You can ask for help with:

  • Family issues, like divorce or other problems
  • Employment
  • Housing
  • Welfare benefits and how to claim them
  • Managing money and dealing with debt
  • Community care

The advice service is available to people who live or work in the borough. However, if you live and work outside of the borough the CAB may be able to help you if your enquiry concerns debt and you qualify for legal aid.

To find out more about CAB and what their opening times are please visit their website.


Dagenham Citizens Advice Bureau

339 Heathway

Telephone: 020 594 6715
Website: www.bdcab.org.uk
Map: Link to map

Other bureau locations

Money Advice Service

When you retire you’ll have decisions to make about the money you’ve saved and what you’ll live on. The Money Advice Service offer lots of information to support you with these decisions. Take a look at their website to find out more.

Money Advice Service - Pensions and Retirement 

Direct Gov

The government's Direct Gov website has a great range of information and advice about managing money, including sections on banking, savings, insurance and more.

Visit the Direct Gov Managing Money pages

Money Made Clear

For impartal information and tools to help you work out what's right for you.

Vist the Money Made Clear Website

Supporting you through tough times

For more information on managing your money and what the Council is doing to help, click the button below.

'Supporting you through tough times' leaflet

 Getting the right advice to manage your money can help you to avoid debt problems.