Monday, October 5, 2020 - 10:45
Translating & Interpreting Service (TIS) TIS is offering support to BAME Communities for their Mental Health, well-being and eliminating isolation/loneliness
- TIS is offering support for older BAME community members and Refugees with communication by providing interpreting sessions for them, to improve the quality of their mental health and wellbeing.
- TIS Interpreters will support engagement and re-engagement, providing language interpretation services and delivering information in languages best understood.
- TIS will offer support to tackle isolation and loneliness caused by COVID-19, as language is a major hurdle for better health and mental health.
- Support individuals with information on getting access to items to stop the spread of Covid-19 such as face masks, hand sanitisers and anti-bacterial products.
- TIS will provide the provision of language support by offering interpreting when accessing a local/national service and faced with language barriers and providing translated information leaflets that may be available.
- Upon referral or contact with TIS, clients will be offered to be contacted by an interpreter remotely by Telephone/Mobile Calls or using media communications like Zoom. Face to face interpreting will be offered where necessary for health appointments only.
- Languages available: Albanian, Bengali, Cantonese, Mandarin, Arabic, Romanian, Tamil, Urdu, Punjabi, French, Portuguese, Somali, Turkish, Lithuanian, Hindi, Gujerati, Polish, Russian, Spanish and Farsi. If you require any other language, please let us know.
This service from TIS will be available from 5th October 2020 – 31st March 2021
Please make referrals or sign post older BAME community members and Refugees to contact:-
Translating & Interpreting Service (TIS) Tel: 020 8591 0050 Email: email@example.com