-A A +A

What if caring at home becomes difficult?

You should first talk directly to the person providing the service. They may not be aware you are dissatisfied. In some circumstances this is not appropriate and you may wish to take up a difficulty in a more formal way. All service providers have a complaints procedure.In some instances you may need the support of an advocate. This is a person, independent of the organisation providing the service, who can help you put your complaint together and accompany you to meetings to ensure that your comments/concerns are heard.We at Carers can provide support with this.

What if there are problems with services?

Carers of Barking & Dagenham have compiled the following factsheets. For copies phone 020 8593 4422

• Support Groups

• Taking a break

• Equipment and adaptations

• Welfare Benefits

• Health Services

• Life Story Books

• Caring for someone with Dementia

• Transport Information

• Thinking about a Residential or Nursing Home?

• Carers Emergency Card

• Complaints/compliments leaflet

The following is a selection of leaflets published by the Alzheimer’s Society www.alzheimers.org.uk.

Telephone 0300 222 1122 or contact Carers of Barking & Dagenham 020 8593 4422.

• Dementia: drugs used for behavioural problems

• Financial and Legal Arrangements

• Younger People with Dementia

• Learning Disabilities and Dementia

• Equipment to help with disability

• Welfare Benefits

• Adaptations, Improvements and Repairs to the home