The following link advises that some Carers can book an appointment for the COVID vaccine.
Who can use this service
You can only use this service if any of the following apply:
- you are aged 55 or over
- you are at high risk from coronavirus (clinically extremely vulnerable)
- you are an eligible frontline health or social care worker
- you have a condition that puts you at higher risk (clinically vulnerable)
- you have a learning disability
- you are a main carer for someone at high risk from coronavirus
Eligible carers will be contacted via the National Booking System to receive an invitation to book their vaccination. The GP guidance also states that local areas can flex these arrangements to administer the vaccine to carers directly.
Carers UK looks forward to seeing the publication of NHS England’s Standing Operating Procedure, due to be published next week, which will detail exactly how eligible carers will be identified and contacted for their jabs.
Click on the link for FAQs regarding the Covid vaccine - https://carers.org/news-and-media/news/post/101-coronavirus-vaccine-and-carers-faqs-for-unpaid-carers
You can see Carers UK’s press release in full here.
A message from Gareth Howells the Chief Executive at Carers Trust.
Late in 2020 and over the Christmas period Carers Trust lobbied hard for the inclusion of unpaid carers on the vaccine prioritisation list. We are delighted to have confirmation that unpaid carers are entitled to the vaccine as a priority and our attention has now turned to communicating this in the vaccine rollout and to support decision makers to think about how this can be delivered (e.g. unpaid carers being vaccinated at the same time as the person they care for)
If you would like any support or further information regarding this. Please contact us on 0208 5934422 and someone will be abe to help you.
Catch-up on LBBD COVID-19 vaccine myth busting Q&A session
Covid-19 vaccines contain no animal by-products; no human foetal tissues were used in their development; and there are no side effects to the recipient’s fertility – these are just a few of the myths dispelled in our recent public question and answer session on the COVID-19 vaccines.
Hosted in partnership with Together First, the GP Federation for the Barking and Dagenham Clinical Commissioning Group, the hour-long online event featured two local GPs. The session offered people the chance to raise any concerns they have about the vaccine and hear from medical experts to help them make an informed choice about having the vaccine and dispel some of the myths and incorrect information that is circulating.
If you missed the event, which also included the borough’s director of public health and Council Leader, Cllr Darren Rodwell, and Cllr Maureen Worby, Cabinet Member for Health and Social Integration, you can catch-up online at lbbd.gov.uk/covid-19-vaccination
Many videos have been produced, designed for a variety of communities, explaining the vaccine and the importance of having it to protect yourself and others. These issues are also covered in our FAQs.
- Messages for our faith communities http://thccg.nhs.sitekit.net/ELHCP/pages/ourplans/message-for-our-faith-communities.htm
- Covid-19 and the vaccine explained in your language https://www.eastlondonhcp.nhs.uk/ourplans/covid-explained-in-your-language.htm
- What's in the vaccine? https://www.eastlondonhcp.nhs.uk/ourplans/whats-in-the-vaccine.htm
- NHS Staff community vaccination videos http://thccg.nhs.sitekit.net/ELHCP/pages/ourplans/nhs-staff-community-vaccination-videos.htm
- Care home staff and housebound patient videos https://www.eastlondonhcp.nhs.uk/ourplans/care-home-and-housebound-patient-videos.htm
- The vaccine and fertility, pregnancy and breastfeeding https://www.eastlondonhcp.nhs.uk/ourplans/the-vaccine-and-fertility-pregnancy-and-breastfeeding.htm
- PHE and scientist vaccine videos https://www.eastlondonhcp.nhs.uk/ourplans/phe-and-scientist-vaccine-videos.htm
- Priority groups including clinically vulnerable https://www.eastlondonhcp.nhs.uk/ourplans/priority-groups-including-clinically-vulnerable.htm
- Vaccine scams in South Asian languages https://www.eastlondonhcp.nhs.uk/ourplans/vaccine-scams-in-south-asian-languages.htm
- Celebrity vaccination video https://www.eastlondonhcp.nhs.uk/ourplans/celebrity-vaccination-video.htm
- For people with a learning disability and autistic people https://www.eastlondonhcp.nhs.uk/ourplans/for-people-with-a-learning-disability-and-autistic-people.htm
Vaccine FAQ's for Faith/Community organisations & Lines for communications - The FAQ’s factsheet covers questions individuals may have around the Vaccine, how it works, effectiveness, eligibility and busts some of the most common myths about the vaccines.
Please click HERE to access the factsheet.
Information about the Covid-19 vaccine for people with a learning disability and autistic people.This film was made in collaboration with Skills for People and Learning Disability England. Click HERE for the film.